A Transparent Text Editor with vertical scrolling!
No illuminated text, no fancy formatting, no messy headers or footers, and no footnotes or endnotes. airWriter is an elegant, multipurpose text editor. Its beautifully transparent interface will calm your mind and soul while you work on your insufferable projects.
Also, AirWriter's capacity for beauty cannot be overlooked, because the semi-transparent interface combined with an exceptional background image can make for a quite stunning backdrop for your text. Therefore, AirWriter is built-in with a screenshot feature to let you capture the spectacle. Whether you are a poet or webmaster, AirWriter can make your text instantly more appealing and attractive.
With a continuously changeable background from black to white, adjustable solid to transparent, No matter what your work may be, airWriter is right for you.
(please keep reading for features in newer versions)
- background-color can be changed from black to white
- background transparency can be changed from 0% to 100%
- app's interface can be drag resized and drag moved
- user-friendly status bar menu
- supported functions include: font, color, space, style, ruler, lists, web link, table, speech... see pictures for supported functions in details.
- accept input format of .txt, .rtf, .doc
- output format .rtf
- new function added v1.96: one-click copying of all text to pasteboard with 'Send' button and the menu item \"Send all text to PasteBoard\"
- new function added v1.96: Screenshot function enables you to capture the interface with alpha and shadow with just one click using the \"Shot\" button. The menu item of \"Take a Screenshot\" will do the same
- new function added v2.08: make airWriter window Always display on Top
- new function added v2.08: hiding the Pin Icon
- new function added v2.08: changing Pin Icon color between red, yellow, green, blue, gray, and black
- new function added v2.08: take a screenshot of Full Screen
- new function added v2.08: hiding dock icon
v1.88 -\u003E v1.90
- fixes the bug of \"little shaking while drag move or resize airWriter\"
v1.90 -\u003E v1.96
- new function added: one-click copying of all text to pasteboard with 'Send' button and the menu item \"Send all text to PasteBoard\"
- new function added: The screenshot function enables you to capture the interface with alpha and shadow with just one click using the \"Shot\" button. The menu item of \"Take a Screenshot\" will do the same
- dragonBTV panel updated
v1.96 -\u003E v2.08
- add crash protection when the user's default font of \"Georgia\" is missing or deleted
- Sandboxed OS 10.7 - OS 10.8 compatible version
features added according to user's request:
- add an option of make airWriter window Always display on Top
- add an option of hiding the Pin Icon
- add an option of changing Pin Icon color between red, yellow, green, blue, gray, and black
- add an option of taking a screenshot of Full Screen
- add an option of the hiding dock icon
v2.23 -\u003E v3.00
- fully re-coded Sandbox ARC version for macOS Sierra 10.12
- updated to macOS Sierra 10.12 and still compatible with OS10.7 and above
- interface changed
- option added according to user's request: vertical scrolling
- shadow is removed for a better-displaying effect
- resize button changed
- resize interface by resizing button (lower right)
- move interface by pin button (top right) or top right of the interface
- toggle open\u002Fclose font, color panel by clicking the button again
- get a hard copy of airWriter (.PNG file in highest resolution) with the Shot button
- all your text will be saved upon quitting the app as rich-text
- all deprecated functions are replaced
- all file operation is changed to Sandbox compatible
- app menu, status menu, and dock menu rearranged
- change the color of all popup alerts into white
- More apps by dragonBTV are simplified by displaying in App Store directly
- Quit button changed back to a normal style
v3.02 -\u003E v3.10 (see what's new for detail)