iRest, for the sake of your eyes!
iRest is an intelligent app that gives your eyes the rest they desperately need.
iRest will predict (not based on time but by your mouse and keyboard behavior) the correct time to give your eyes a 10-second rest with a semi-transparent animation and crystal clear sound effects.
iRest is a MUST HAVE app if you are in front of your Mac for more than 4 hours daily, have dry eye or other eye problems, or if you just want to save your vision!
Other apps use a time-based system to place the rest sessions, which is inaccurate, ineffective, and bothersome. However, the intelligent formula in iRest is related to the user's behavior, so it's much more accurate. Therefore, your eyes rest only as needed.
- intelligent engine uses a special prediction method based on the user's mouse movement and keystroke behavior;
- 10 seconds interruption would not affect your work or enjoyment, and you can easily block iRest while playing video games;
- iRest will never pop out while you are watching movies;
- the animation's transparency and color can be adjusted;
- the sensitivity of the intelligent engine can be adjusted;
- lifetime free upgrades;
v1.08 -\u003E v1.10
- minimum transparency lower from 20% to 5%
- add a technical support menu item
- one minor bug fixed
v1.10 -\u003E v1.23
- partly rewrite code, better efficiency of intelligent engine
- add dock menu for easy use
- add \"upgrade\" submenu
- add \"feature request\" menu
- add \"upgrade to iRestReminder\" menu
- add \"more by dragonBTV\" menu
- add \"upgrade to iRestReminder\" button
v1.23 -\u003E v1.30
- Sandboxed OS 10.6 - OS 10.8 compatible version
- rewrite all deprecated codes
- Sandbox compatible email technical support
- Sandbox compatible feature request support
- Sandbox compatible \"more by dragonBTV\" menu and panel
v1.30 -\u003E v1.50
- fully re-coded Sandbox ARC version for macOS Sierra 10.12
- updated to macOS Sierra 10.12 and still compatible with OS10.7 and above
- interface adjusted
- app menu rearranged
- color of the icon changed
- change the color of all popup alerts into white
- tip added for auto open at login (autostart)
- user preset of the sound effect file can be reloaded under Sandbox
- More Apps by dragonBTV is simplified by displaying in App Store directly
v1.50 -\u003E v1.52
- tip for \"Auto open at login\" modified
- app size dramatically reduced
- menu rearranged
- performance improvements for macOS 10.13 High Sierra
v1.52 -\u003E v2.00
- Any Mac (Apple Silicon, Intel) version for macOS Big Sur
- global hotkey function added
- eye turning flash sequence modified
- interface fine-tuning for dark mode
- control interface modified
- support menu modified
- all deprecated functions rewritten
v2.00 -\u003E v2.10
- All deprecated code rewritten
- status menu menu added
- status menu bar icon dark mode supported
- status menu bar icon not only matches macOS dark mode but also the wallpaper light\u002Fdark setting
- display \u002F hide dock menu icon option added
- menu titles updated
- Tip added: How to solve the 'CVS' problem?
- Tip added: What is the '20-20-20' rule?
- More by dragonBTV menu updated
Tips for Sound Effects:
You may locate tons of Apple iLife and GarageBand sound effects in your Mac; please look for them in this folder: \"\u002FLibrary\u002FAudio\u002FApple Loops\u002FApple\u002F\" or simply search \"CAF\" loop files or search for \"music\".